Join us for a sunset paddle as we PADDLE UP through Downtown Milwaukee to Milwaukee’s own Lakefront Brewery in celebration of their new Kegnado Art Installation*. We’ll be lucky enough to see their new art installation from the river as we arrive and see it illuminated as we depart from their dock. Our stop at Lakefront will include complimentary appetizers and one free beer for all registered paddlers 21+. Food and beer are compliments of MKC and Lakefront Brewery.
DATE: Saturday, September 21st
TIME: 5:30pm (arrival) – 8:30pm (return to dock)
COST: $35 per person
5pm: Please arrive by 5pm for introduction, instruction, outfitting
5:30pm: Launch MKC dock
5:30-6:30: Paddle up to Lakefront Brewery
6:30-7:30: Complimentary appetizers and beer
7:30-45: Enter back into our kayaks and depart Lakefront Brewery
8:30pm: Arrive back to MKC Dock
• This tour will be fun and casual. Staff from MKC will guide this tour.
• We will paddle as a group and MKC will assist all paddlers as we exit and enter our kayaks at Lakefront (and MKC).
• This is a 4 mile paddle (total) – we will paddle upriver and then back down to our dock at MKC
• We will email a confirmation to all registered participants a few days before the tour and will communicate with everyone closer to the date and time if weather is an issue.
• All paddlers must wear a life jacket when on or near the water at all times.
• All paddlers will be outfitted and provided the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle.
• We will launch during the daylight and paddle back after sunset. MKC will provide headlamps and glowsticks but please bring your own if you have them.Questions?
Please call or email Beth @ MKC – firstname.lastname@example.org
or (414) 301-2240
*About the Lakefront Brewery Kegnado Art Installation:
“The kegnado art installation grew out of a design filler when Lakefront Brewery was looking to expand their Riverwalk presence. It was simply drawn in the background but the image of kegs blown across the corner of the building caught our attention. It was just a concept, it had never been done before. After our excitement, we searched for a designer, an installer, an electrician and a programmer and sent the kegs to the Netherlands. After several months they returned back to us and the search began anew. Two years later, brackets were drilled into the building and the kegs were individually set in place and wired. They light up in many different colors and we look forward to showcasing our light shows. The Kegnado Art Installation is all about beer, fun and art. Cheers!”
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.