July 7, 6:30 pm-9:00 pm$35
Spend an evening out on our rivers as we explore the sites and sounds of our city by the light of the moon. We’ll launch from our dock before the sun sets and paddle back with the moon as it lights our way (along with our headlamps!). All Moonlight Paddles travel up and down the Milwaukee River through Downtown Milwaukee.
Paddlers are required to wear life jackets on all of our guided tours including Moonlight Paddles. Life jackets are included in your rental (along with kayak and paddle). Moonlight Paddles are recommended for people over the age of 18. Families with children may attend as long as there is a parent and/or guardian with as a chaperone. Please call with questions, thank you.
Space is limited, pre-registration is required. We will paddle upriver as far as time allows before turning around, paddling to the harbor and then back to our dock.
• Cost: $35 per person
• Space is limited | pre-registration required
• If this trip needs to be cancelled due to weather and river conditions, we will notify you by phone and/or email and you will receive a full refund.
We are taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously (link to our COVID info page) and have new policies and procedures in place for this season. If we feel that this tour needs to be cancelled due to this, we will notify you in advance and refund your ticket. If you need to cancel for any reason, please let us know in advance (thanks!) so we can release your reservation and issue you a refund. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
#1) Friday, June 5th (full moon is Friday, June 5th)
#2) Tuesday, July 7th (full moon is Saturday, July 4th)
#3) Tuesday, August 4th (full moon is Monday, August 3rd)
#4) Tuesday, September 1st (full moon is Wednesday, September 2nd)
#5) Friday, October 2nd (full moon is Thursday, October 1st)
TIMELINE FOR JULY 7th Moonlight Paddle:
*sun sets at 8:32pm
6:30pm: Arrive to MKC + introduction, instruction, fitting
9pm: Return back to MKC dock
GOOD TO KNOW:
• Moonlight Paddles may be off by 1-3 days from the actual full moon (see dates above)
• These trips are fun and casual.
• There are no rest stops on Moonlight Paddles and we will turn around as time permits.
• Families with children may attend as long as there is a parent and/or guardian with as a chaperone. Please call with questions, thank you.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We will paddle as a group. We will launch from our dock, paddle upriver and then paddle back to our dock. There are no stops on this tour but if you need to take a break, we can do so at a location that works best for the whole group.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Water bottle filled with water
• Small coolers okay
• Dress for the weather – consider bringing a windbreaker (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• A headlamp or two (we have extras)
• Towel to sit on (optional)
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
• Life jacket
• Dry-bag (if available)
• Water, snacks and sunscreen are always on-hand
• Safe and fun atmosphere
• Guides and a safety boater(s) always accompany our guided tours
WHAT TO WEAR:
• Lightweight clothing (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• Sandals, flips or shoes with a thin sole
• Rain jacket/windbreaker
• Sunglasses and/or hat
• We will check you in.
• We will outfit you with the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle.
• We will have introductions, review information and rules of the river.
• Life jackets must be worn at all times when you are near or on the river.
Please contact Beth at Milwaukee Kayak Company