- This event has passed.
MKC Summer Social Paddle >> Harbor + KK River
August 6, 2019, 5:15 pm-8:00 pm$35
Summer Social Paddles are a nice way to enjoy paddling on our rivers in a group-like setting. They’re fun, safe, slow moving and have a short rest stop along the way. During the rest stop, you can depart your kayak and grab a beverage (or use the restroom) or just hang out in your kayak at the dock. Whatever you wanna do is fine with us. Each stop will be limited to 20 minutes and they’ll be at a local restaurant with a dock.
Our Social Paddles are fun, safe and casual. Staff from MKC will lead and sweep the group. These paddles are nice for anyone looking to experience the sport of kayaking, are a fun outdoor activity and makes the perfect date night too.
• $35 per person
• Space is limited, please register below
• 5:15pm: Please arrive to MKC by 5:15pm
• 5:15-5:45pm: Check-in, introduction, instruction and fitting
• 5:45pm: Launch from our dock
• 7:45/8pm: Return back to our dock
• We will check you in.
• We will outfit you with the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle.
• We will go over introductions, information and rules of the river.
• Life jackets must be worn at all times when you’re near or on the river.
• Life jacket
• Dry-bag (if available)
• Water, snacks and sunscreen are always on-hand
• Safe and fun atmosphere
• MKC staff will always accompany our guided paddles
WHAT TO BRING:
• Water bottle filled with water
• Small coolers okay
• Dress for the weather – consider bringing a windbreaker (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• A headlamp or two (we have extras)
WHAT TO WEAR:
• Lightweight clothing (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• Sandals, flips or shoes with a thin sole
• Rain jacket/windbreaker
• Sunglasses and/or hat
Please contact us at:
3 people are attending MKC Summer Social Paddle >> Harbor + KK River