- This event has passed.
Industry Tour Past, Present & Future with the Harbor District, Inc.
June 17, 2017, 8:00 am-10:30 pm$25.00
Paddle with Harbor District, Inc. staff as they lead a tour of the Harbor District. Along the way, they will tell the story of its past and present with a focus on its future waterfront and the environmental, economical and social impact it will have on our city and the Harbor District area.
What to expect:
We will launch from our dock and paddle as a group. Staff from the Harbor District Inc. will lead our trip and staff from Milwaukee Kayak Company will be present too. We will take in a completely different view of the city as we kayak through the harbor, Port of Milwaukee and up the KK River. We will turn around and paddle back to our dock as time permits.
• Cost: $25 per person
• Space is limited | online pre-registration required
• 8:00am: Please arrive to MKC by 8am
• 8:00-8:30am: Introduction, instruction and fitting
• 8:30am: Launch from our dock
• 10:30am: Arrive back to our dock
What to bring:
• Water bottle
• Small coolers okay
• ID & $
What to wear:
• Lightweight clothing (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• Sandals, flips or shoes with a thin sole
• Rain jacket/windbreaker
• Sunglasses and/or hat
What we’ll provide:
• Life jacket
• Dry-bag (if available)
• Water, snacks and sunscreen are always on-hand
• Safe and fun atmosphere
• Guides and a safety boater will always accompany our guided paddles
Harbor District, Inc. Tour Schedule:
• Saturday, June 17th @ 8am-10:30am
• Thursday, August 10th @ 5:15pm-8pm (Harbor District, Inc. will join us on our “Social Paddle”)
21 people are attending Industry Tour Past, Present & Future with the Harbor District, Inc.