Milwaukee Harbor+KK River Kayak Tour w/ Harbor District, Inc.
July 24, 5:15 pm-8:00 pm$35
We are excited to partner with Harbor District, Inc. as we paddle through our Harbor and up the KK River. We are offering this guided paddle on two different dates: Wednesday, July 24th & Wednesday, September 18th. Both trips will be similar as we paddle along highlighting and talking about some of the cool projects that are happening in the Harbor District – both on the water and on-land.
We reside in the Harbor District and have gained a deep appreciation for this area since we opened 7 years ago. While we’ve seen a lot of change and revitalization during our time here, there’s so much more to come including the addition of a new public park (Harbor View Plaza) and riverwalk extension to reconnect neighborhoods. We’ve learned about the Habitat Hotels and will talk about these and other developments planned for this area as we paddle together taking in the sites and sounds of the Harbor.
These trips are fun, educational, safe and casual. They are perfect for anyone looking to experience the sport of kayaking, make a nice outing for family and friends and makes the perfect date night too!
• Cost: $35 per person; $15 will be donated back to Harbor District, Inc.
• Space is limited | online pre-registration required
• If this trip needs to be cancelled due to weather and river conditions, we will notify you by phone and/or email and you will receive a full refund.
These trips are organized through a partnership with Milwaukee Kayak Company and Harbor District, Inc. Tickets are $35 each, and $15 of each ticket will be donated back to Harbor District, Inc.
Dates: (we are offering 2 trips and the format for both will be similar)
#1) Wednesday, July 24th @ 5:15pm-7:45/8pm
#2) Wednesday, September 18th @ 5:15pm-7:45/8pm
• 5:00-5:15pm: Please arrive to MKC before or at 5:15pm
• 5:15-5:45pm: Introduction, instruction and fitting
• 5:45pm: Launch from our dock
• 7:45/8pm: Arrive back to MKC dock
What to expect:
We will paddle as a group. We will launch from our dock, paddle downriver and then paddle back to our dock. There are no stops on this trip but if you need to take a break, we can do so at a location that works best for the whole group. Staff from Harbor District, Inc. and Milwaukee Kayak Company will paddle with the group. Please note: If there is high-wind, we may have to modify our trip and paddle the Milwaukee or Menomonee River instead.
What to bring:
• Water bottle filled with water
• Small coolers okay
• Dress for the weather – consider bringing a windbreaker (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• A headlamp or two (we have extras)
What we’ll provide:
• Life jacket
• Dry-bag (if available)
• Water, snacks and sunscreen are always on-hand
• Safe and fun atmosphere
• Guides and a safety boater will always accompany our guided paddles
What to wear:
• Lightweight clothing (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• Sandals, flips or shoes with a thin sole
• Rain jacket/windbreaker
• Sunglasses and/or hat
• We will check you in.
• We will outfit you with the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle.
• We will have introductions, review information and rules of the river.
• Life jackets must be worn at all times when you are near or on the river.
Please contact us at: