Milwaukee Harbor+KK River Kayak Tour w/ Harbor District, Inc.
August 25, 5:15 pm-8:00 pm$35
We are looking forward to partnering with Harbor District, Inc. as we paddle and explore the Milwaukee Harbor and KK River together. This tour will take us past the Hoan Bridge where we can take in the sites, sounds and beautiful views of downtown Milwaukee and Lake Michigan. We will continue south through our ever-changing inner harbor as we paddle by the newly built Harbor Plaza near the UWM-School of Freshwater Science, and see a working historic train bridge from the waters edge of our kayaks. We will chat about different projects happening below and above the water including the installments of Habitat Hotels. We will continue paddling south up the KK River as time allows before turning around and paddling back to our dock.
Our Harbor tours will be offered on two different dates this season: Tuesday, July 14th and Tuesday, August 25th. Both trips will be similar as we paddle along highlighting and talking about some of the cool projects that are happening in the Harbor District – both on the water and on-land.
These tours are safe, fun and educational. They are perfect for anyone looking to experience the sport of kayaking either solo or with friends, make a nice outing for family and friends and makes the perfect date night too!
• Cost: $35 per person ($15 of each ticket will be donated to Harbor District, Inc.)*
• Space is limited | online pre-registration required
• If this trip needs to be cancelled due to weather and river conditions, we will notify you by phone and/or email and you will receive a full refund.
We care about our community and organizations working hard to maintain and cleanup our rivers and surrounding eco-systems. These tours are a fundraiser for Harbor District, Inc. and $15 of each ticket will be donated back to Harbor District, Inc. Thank you for your support!
We are also taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously (link to our COVID info page) and have new policies and procedures in place for this season. If we feel that this tour needs to be cancelled due to this, we will notify you in advance and refund your ticket. If you need to cancel for any reason, please let us know in advance (thanks!) so we can release your reservation and issue you a refund. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
DATES: (we are offering 2 tours and the format will be similar for both tours)
#1) Tuesday, July 14th @ 5:15pm-7:45/8pm
#2) Tuesday, August 25th @ 5:15pm-7:45/8pm
• 5:00-5:15pm: Please arrive to MKC before or at 5:15pm
• 5:15-5:45pm: Introduction, instruction and fitting
• 5:45pm: Launch from our dock
• 7:45/8pm: Arrive back to MKC dock
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We will paddle as a group. We will launch from our dock, paddle downriver and then paddle back to our dock. There are no stops on this tour but if you need to take a break, we can do so at a location that works best for the whole group. Staff from Harbor District, Inc. and Milwaukee Kayak Company will paddle with the group. Please note: If there is high-wind, we may have to modify our trip and paddle the Milwaukee or Menomonee River instead.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Water bottle filled with water
• Small coolers okay
• Dress for the weather – consider bringing a windbreaker (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• A headlamp or two (we have extras)
• A towel to sit on (optional)
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
• Life jacket
• Dry-bag (if available)
• Water, snacks and sunscreen are always on-hand
• Safe and fun atmosphere
• Guides and a safety boater will always accompany our guided paddles
WHAT TO WEAR:
• Lightweight clothing (do not wear jeans or heavy cotton)
• Sandals, flips or shoes with a thin sole
• Rain jacket/windbreaker
• Sunglasses and/or hat
• We will check you in.
• We will outfit you with the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle.
• We will have introductions, review information and rules of the river.
• Life jackets must be worn at all times when you are near or on the river.
Please contact us @: