We are taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and have been working hard to develop and implement new policies and procedures. Below is a snapshot highlighting our new and existing procedures:
* We are accepting reservations by phone or text message. No walk-up traffic at this time.
* We encourage participants to pre-pay over the phone at time of reservation. You can also pay with a contactless credit card reader upon arrival.
• We will limit the amount of daily rental participants to 10-12 people per every 1/2 hour.
* Our Weekly Guided Tours will be limited to 14 participants + MKC staff (20 or less total).
* Our Morning Sunshine and Mid-Day Paddles will be limited to 6 participants + MKC staff.
• We have transitioned to online waivers – no paper/no pens.
• We will offer an alcohol-based sanitizer in many locations throughout our space.
• We operate 99% outdoors.
• We require everyone to social distance and use the 6′ spacing recommendation.
• Only ONE life jacket will be used per day per person and they will be sanitized before and after each use. There will be a dedicated “used” and “new” life jacket area so they are not intermingled.
• All boats (kayaks, canoes and paddleboards) will be sanitized before and after each use.
• All paddles will be sanitized before and after each use.
• All other misc. gear will be sanitized before and after each use.
• MKC staff will be wearing masks and may be wearing gloves.
• The MKC staff area will be flagged off and used specifically for staff only.
• There will be plenty of waiting room in the boatyard near MKC for participants.
* We have made many new way-finding signs to help direct and answer questions before your arrival to check-in.
* We purchased a new dock including a self-serve kayak launch! You will be able to help yourself out on the river and back in. We are available to help, but if you’d like to be on your own, this allows for that option. Super excited!
• More to come!
Things will be different, in a good way. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please give us a call or send an email anytime: