• 7/13/2020: Milwaukee Common Council and the Mayor have implemented a mask mandate which requires anyone in the city who is at least 3 years old to have a face covering when they leave home and to wear that mask whenever they’re in a building that is open to the public and when they are outside in a public space and within six feet of any other person who is not their household or family member.
• 7/17/2020: We are taking the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and have implemented new policies and procedures this season. Below is a snapshot highlighting our new and existing procedures.
• Reservations only. No walk ups please.
• Daily rental reservations limited to up to 16 people per every half-hour
• Weekly Guided Tours will be limited to 14 participants + MKC staff (20 or less total)
• “Good Morning Sunshine Guided Paddles” (7am-8:30am) are limited to 6 participants + 1-2 MKC staff
• “Mid-Day Guided Paddles” (11:30am-1:30pm) are limited to 6 participants + 1-2 MKC staff
• All participants must submit digital waivers – no pen/paper
• Sanitizer throughout MKC: 70% alcohol-based sourced from Lakefront Brewery
• We operate 99% outdoors
• We encourage 6′ social distancing
• All life jackets and paddles are sanitized after each use
• Specific “Sanitizing Station” for used life jackets and dry bags
• All boats (kayaks, canoes and paddleboards) and paddles are disinfected after each use
• All MKC staff wear masks and may wear gloves.
• We require all participants to wear a mask when at MKC. Masks can be taken off after you launch your kayak. Please keep them handy so you can put back on when arriving back to our dock.
• Designated area for participants and designated area for MKC staff
• There is ample waiting room to spread out in the boatyard near MKC for participants
• New way-finding signs to help direct and answer questions before check-in
• New kayak dock and self-service launch installed this year! We are available to assist but this option has been working well – so exciting!
Things are different, in a good way. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions, please give us a call or send an email anytime. Thanks, Beth @ MKC